Tuesday 26 May 2009

Crackle it -on Tagging Tuesday



The theme at Lotstodo is crackle this time. I made 4 attempts the first 3 didn't work , not enough glue/ not enough ink? wrong paper?? half the paint of this one ended up on my blouse as I was walking from my craftvan to the Aga to speed dry it and the wind got under it. So there was quick washing involved as well.
It's called instant crackle technique from Technique Junkies- no instant for me then.

It has done some cracking this time but not as much as I had in mind.

Since this one took so much effort I decided to use it for the Tag Tuesday challenge which is to make a tag with a pocket.
I've used a bit of curtain for the pocket and got the sewingmachine out again. The flower is cut from felt.

To show that I really meant to do some crackling here's a background I did with metallic embossing powder, I've no idea what I'm going to do with it yet.

het thema bij Lotstodo is deze week crackle . ik heb 4 pogingen gedaan maar er ging weer eens van alles fout. dit heette instant crackle techniek van techniek Junkies maar blijkbaar geen instant voor mij. Ik moest zelfs hals over kop nog gaan wassen omdat de wind tegen mijn kaart blies en de natte paarse verf op mijn bloes belandde .
ik heb hem gelijk maar gebruikt om een label te maken voor Tuesday Tag warabij je een label moest maken met een pocket. Een stukje gordijn heb ik erop genaaid als zak en de bloem is van vilt gestanst en om te laten zien dat ik echt wilde cracklen nog een achtergrondje gedaan met een crackle stempel en metallic embossingpoeder. Nog geen flauw idee wat ik daar mee ga doen.

7 comments:

Sue said...

This is lovely Ellen, reminds me of my Grandma who always wore a pinnie (I suppose I should translate - apron to those outside of Yorkshire)lol.
I love your embossing powder crackling - how on Earth do you do that ? xx

Glenda T. said...

I think your crackle turned out awesome!!

sam21ski said...

Both pieces are fab Ellen - ditto what Glenda said

Thanks for joining in with this weeks Lotstodo Challenge - Sam xxx

Ang C said...

Great pieces and I'd love to know how you did the embossing crackle too

Anonymous said...

Oh haha de wind,zat je lekker buiten te knutselen,maar je crackle werk ziet er toch goed uit,ik vind het mooi geworden,groetjes Joke.

QueenBe said...

I love the crackling, too. Sometimes things just don't happen the way we expect but we discover something new!

Andrea said...

Lovely pieces,great crackle