Monday 5 January 2009

salted backgrounds


the challenge on saturdays workout is to make a background with salt and on Rainbowlady it's try something new.
the technique is new to me and so is the text stamp, well I've had that one for a while but had never used it.

I did mine with Shabby Shutters and Broken China and it did work but I then covered it in one of my new stamps. oops. Truly it's under the trees.
The stamp is from Cornishheritagefarms and I love it.Every time I think well this is the best one yet and then they go and make another scrumptious one.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

This is very beautiful. Lovely colors.

Sandy said...

Wow these is incredible.
Stunning background. Love them.

Thanks Ellen for playing this technique on SaWo.

Willy said...

Wow... Ellen, deze kaart is schitterend. Als ik het goed begrijp, ben jij ook Nederlandse en woon je in Schotland. Ik woon op Tenerife (Canarische Eilanden, Spanje). Dus je mag natuurlijk komen om mijn techniek te leren, maar het is wel een kwestie van geluk. Vooral het juiste papier is belangrijk! Wat leuk dat je naar Zeist komt. Ik zou je graag ontmoeten. Zullen we iets afspreken?

Hazel said...

This is gorgeous - I tried the salted background (try anything once) - results (oh dear) on my blog! x

Rainbow Lady said...

This is fabulous Ellen well done you. I love C H stamps too. Thanks for playing Love Cynthia x