Friday 4 April 2008

Shrink to Fit

Friday already !
It's Kathy's turn on DCM and she has come up with this one Shrink to Fit I first thought oh, oh we have to get the shrink plastic out but no


"I used to be able to make cards with lots of "white space" around the designs, but lately when I've tried to do this my cards just look sooooo naked!
So this week I'd like you to think small - not small cards, but small spaces of embellishment on regular sized cards.
You are allowed to cover no more than a 5x5cms area of your card with paper or embellishment - the rest of the card must be left plain"


I think she's been cheating herself that doesn't make up a 5x5 don't you think???
anyway this is my take on it very simple but golly does that look empty. Stamp by Crafty Individuals



17 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, not sure mine fits the bill.

Nick said...

Lovely card Ellen (and I agree with you about Kathys hehehe- is the ribbon sposed to count?)

Kathy said...

Great card Ellen - and you are soooo naughty - I didn't cheat, I didn't, I didn't (stamps size 3)
I even took a photo of my embellishments to show how easily they fitted onto a 5x5 cm sq! It's on my blog.....

Angelnorth said...

Hee hee - I see Kathy has leapt to her own defence, I was about to point out that photo on her blog too!

I think this looks great Ellen, not bare at all!

Anonymous said...

lovely card.

Jukie said...

very pretty!

Jo said...

Looks great to me :o)

Juliet said...

Love the stamp!

Sheila said...

Fabulous card Ellen.

If you pop over to my blog there is an award there for you......just my way of saying thanks for your kindness and the lovely comments you leave.

Cecilia said...

This card is very nice. My card is in my blog,
www.tiina38.vuodatus.net

Rosanne said...

Great use of the stamp! Lovely card!

Jane said...

he he look at you, teasing Kathy!!!:) lovely card Ellen

Judy said...

Lovely card, Ellen, like the image!
JudyNZ

Unknown said...

Not bare Ellen, just uncluttered. Call it modernism lol

tracie said...

gorgeous card, I love the stamp :-)x

Rachel said...

Now that is really sweet Ellen - love it

Rachel

manuela said...

lovely card!